Tick & Mosquito Repellent for FR Clothing
This bug spray is formulated to provide up to six weeks of protection against biting insects such as ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, and mites on Fire Retardant Clothing surfaces without reducing the safety of the Fire Retardant Clothing.
- Active ingredient permethrin not only repels, but kills the ticks and mosquitoes that come in contact with treated clothing, helping to reduce the possibility of spreading deadly diseases.
- Tick & Mosquito Repellent for FR Clothing is so effective in killing and repelling ticks and mosquitoes, it is used by U.S. Military personnel in the most heavily infested conditions.
- Use Tick & Mosquito Repellent on Fire Retardant Clothing surfaces (per label directions) combined with Jungle Formula Insect Repellent Towelette (4508) on exposed skin surfaces to provide the ultimate protective barrier against biting, disease carrying insects.
- An ASTM test 1958/F – 1958/M -05 was conducted on Fire Retardant Clothing treated with Tick & Mosquito Repellent for FR Clothing, which showed no negative effects to the Fire Retardant Clothing. During the same test, the Fire Retardant Clothing treated with Deet showed that Deet caused the Fire Retardant clothing to burn, for 16 seconds after the arc flash.
- Used as follows: Treat outer surfaces of each outfit, front and back for 60 seconds each and allow to dry for at least 2 hours. (A complete outfit consists of shirt, trousers, and socks). Pay particular attention to socks, trouser cuffs, and shirt cuffs. Do not re-treat clothing more than once every six weeks or six washings.